Instar is one of the most famous social media among people. But due to some reasons like privacy concerns, many people used to remove their accounts. But most of the time users mess with many problems when they try to delete their accounts. So, this article is about how to delete your Instagram account correctly.
The first thing you have to know is that there are 2 ways to remove your account.
- Delete permanently
- Deactivating the account.
First of all, let’s look how to delete your account permanently.
- First open Instagram and log in if you aren’t already.
- Then tap on your profile icon and go to your account.
- Tap the menu icon on top left
- Then tap on settings and there choose account and next select delete account.
- Once you click delete account Instar will give you 2 options; delete your account or deactivate your account. Choose delete your account option if you want to remove your account permanently. If not choose deactivate account to remove your account temporally.
- Finally, confirm deletion since deleting a social media account can’t be taken lightly.
Deactivating the account.
When deactivating your account, you have to follow the same steps I’ve mentioned above. (The first 6 steps)
From the 2 options given, now you have to select deactivate account.
Next you may ask to choose a reason why you are going to deactivate the account. (You can give any reason)
Finally choose a reason and then deactivate your account and your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.
If you have an instar account on pc, it is not possible to delete your account like we do in mobile app, since we are using the web version on Instagram.
So, what you have to do is this.
- Open chrome of any other web browser you use.
- Go to instagram.com and log in sing your username and password.
- Then go to settings page and click on delete account.
Or simply you can choose log out from the drop-down menu which appear when you click your profile.
I hope this article will help you in deleting or deactivating your account correctly.